What the frig (insert your favorite F word) is with the smoke detectors going off at 5:30 AM? To me it has to be on of the following:
- Someone wants to see me scamper around like a frantic ant.
- Ghost playing a not so funny practical joke.
- Test mode built in to the detector.
- Detector realizes it is a holiday day for me and wanted me out of bed as usual at 5:30am.
- Detector wanted to see how far our dog can stick his tell between his legs
- Dectector needs batteries, which can’t be the case sinse these are wired into the electric.
Needless to say it was a false alarm. I always check and see if there is an actual fire before beating the smoke detectors into submission, plus joy, the 3 alarms are all tied together.
Ok so after putting the power of google to work it seems there might be a dust issue to deal with. I am thinking this afternoon in the rain and thunder in the forecast, I’m going to do some cleaning out of the smoke detectors. I hope that helps as this is not a great way to wake up in the morning.
One last thing…. why I’m I afraid to grind my morning coffee for fear of waking my son, the smoke detectors going off for 5 mins didn’t wake him!